Awards and Recognitions
JOURNEY TOWARD ISO CERTIFICATION
SMU begins its ISO 9001:2015 certification journey.
SMU completes its Institutional Sustainability Assessment – Self-evaluation Document (SMU ISA-SED)
SMU’s drive toward institutional accreditation by CHED began in 2019 but was temporarily halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In May 2021, SMU submitted its revised version to the CHED Regional Office II for endorsement to the CHED Main Office.
53 PROGRAM ACCREDITATIONS
SMU has 53 Accredited Programs by FAAP as of May 2021. SMU has 53 programs (17 graduate and 36 undergraduate) accredited by the Federation of Accrediting Association of the Philippines (FAAP) through the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges, and Universities (PAASCU). Forty-two programs are on Level III, five programs on Level II, two programs on Level I, and four programs on candidate status.
Level III Programs
- PhD Educational Management
- MA in Education (Educational Administration, Guidance & Counseling), Physical Education, Religious Education, Special Education, & Early Childhood Education
- MA Teaching (Biology, Chemistry, English, Filipino, Studies, Physics, Social Studies)
- Master in Business Administration
- Master of Science in Teaching
- MS Teaching (Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science [Business Administration (Marketing Management and Financial Management), Office Administration, Civil Engineering, Biology, Psychology, Secondary Education (Science, Mathematics, English, Filipino, Social Studies, Religious & Values Education), Elementary Education (General Elementary Education & Preschool Education)]
- Bachelor of Arts (English, Language Studies, Communication, Journalism, History, Philosophy, Political Science)
- Bachelor in Public Administration
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
Level II Programs
- UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS: BS Accountancy, BS Management Accounting, BS Information Technology and BS Nursing
Level I Programs
- UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS: BS Tourism Management, BS Hospitality Management
- UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS: BS Architecture, BS Computer Engineering, BS Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering
COE and CODs
SMU is designated a Center of Excellence for Teacher Education and Centers of Development for Civil Engineering and Information Technology
SMU is assessment center for Bookkeeping NC II and Caregiving NC II.
SMU College of Law is accredited by the Legal Education Board to offer refresher course.
TESDA recognized SMU as an accredited assessment center in Bookkeeping NC III and awarded it a Certificate of Program to offer Caregiving NC II under a Modified Blended Learning Modality.
The Legal Education Board (LEB) has accredited Saint Mary’s University to offer the Refresher Course for School Year 2020-2021. The most important qualification to be accredited is the law school’s performance rating in the Bar Examinations. Since the government-mandated accreditation, the College of Law has been consistently accredited by the Legal Education Board.
Under LEB Memorandum Circular No. 61 series of 2020 issued on June 18, 2020, Saint Mary’s University is the only University in the Cagayan Valley Region and one of the six law schools accredited to offer Refresher Course.
As a result, enrollees for the Refresher Course increased to 19 students as compared to last year’s eight students.