Saint Mary’s University through the Promotions, External Relations, and Internationalization Office is envisioned to be a premier, vibrant, and diverse university offering undergraduate and graduate programs and conducting national and international collaborative activities along the areas of research, instruction, cultural exchange and other academic partnerships.
Through its linkages, the office works on providing to its students and employees opportunities for national and international exposures and experiences.
- To explore and establish international, national and local linkages across disciplines in the graduate and undergraduate programs of the University;
- To ensure a smooth flow in the implementation of academic partnership programs and concerns like faculty exchange, visiting scholars, visiting professors, internship and student exchange programs, cultural visits, and other educational partnerships and training programs;
- To facilitate the preparation and signing of documents like Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
- To produce marketing materials for the University.
The Promotions, External Relations, and Internationalization Office (PERIO) was created on Aug. 1, 2020, to take charge of the University’s expanding linkages and produce marketing materials for the University. In previous years, linkages were handled by the Center for Alumni Relations and External Affairs (CARE) office, a unit attached to the Alumni Affairs Office. CARE was later named the External Affairs Office, headed alternately and in concurrent position by the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Administration. Over the years, the University has established partnerships with local, national, and international institutions and organizations. Local and national linkages were mainly on training and workshops, environmental enhancement projects, twinning programs, and consultations. For international linkages, partnerships included sharing resource materials and publications, consortium on program and training, collaborative research, cultural immersions, and international internships. The various partnerships of SMU in Asia and other regions resulted in several faculty and student exchange activities, offering of transnational education programs, internationalization of OJT program, international research conferences, and cultural immersions.
Georgia, United States of America (2019)
Hiroshima, Japan (2018)
2. American Musical and Dramatic Academy, USA
3. ASIA e University, Malaysia
4. Central Institute of Business Management, India
5. Coventry University, United Kingdom
6. Daffodil International University, Bangladesh
7. Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan, R.O.C.
8. Howest University of Applied Sciences, Belgium
9. Hwashin Cyber University, South Korea
10. Northern University, Bangladesh
11. Saint Roberts Training and Management/ Bellarmine Global Education (Thailand)
13. Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization Secretariat (SEAMEO, located in Thailand) and Universities of Indonesia-Malaysia-Mayanmar-Philippines-Thailand (SEA-Teacher Project)
14. Universitas Kanjuran Malang (UNIKAMA), Indonesia
15. Universitas Surubaya, Indonesia
16. West Flanders, Belgium (SYNERGY Project)
2. National Commission for Culture and the Arts (Kantahan sa Ammungan)
3. PANPACIFIC University North Philippines, Pangasinan
4. Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Manila
5. San Sebastian College-Recoletos, Manila
6. University of Southeastern Philippines, Davao
7. Saint Louis University, Baguio City
LIST OF LOCAL PARTNERS
2. Isabela State University (Health Guard)
3. Region II Trauma and Medical Center (Blood Donation)
4. Rural Bank of Solano (N.V.) Inc.
5. Solano East Central School & SPEd Center
6. Zonta Club Nueva Vizcaya
7. Barangay LGU of Calitlitan, Aritao, Nueva Vizcaya (Mobile Market)
8. Barangay LGU of Bone South, Aritao, Nueva Vizcaya (Mobile Market)
MEMBERSHIP TO ORGANIZATIONS
- Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD) (based in Thailand)
- Association of Catholic Universities in the Philippines (ACUP)
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL), Thailand
- Asian University President Forum (AUPF)
- Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP)
- National Coalition on Indigenous Peoples Higher Education (NICHE)
- University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific Council Philippines (UMAP)
- Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization 0(SEAMEO) Schools Network