We envision the School of Teacher Education and Humanities as a steward in the service and development of humanistic, spiritual, eloquent and mature and excellent educators and public servants conscious of their cultural values and responsibilities as members of the academic community and/ or of the nation in particular and the worldwide village in general.
We dedicate ourselves to develop unique persons as mature Christians and cultured professionals capable of helping transform the community and country to become a better place to live in through liberal education.
- To provide our students with a general education aimed at developing them as human persons, scientifically literate, environmentally committed, socio-culturally aware, communicatively competent and responsible members of the Christian community;
- To equip the students with the proper skills and values to achieve self-reliance and economic security and to become effective instruments of national prosperity;
- To enhance their training in community membership and leadership as creative, resourceful and socially responsible agents of change in accordance with Filipino culture;
- To develop in the students desirable personal and social traits that will deepen their concern and involvement in national and international issues;
- To develop understanding for the unique role man has to play in the world based on Christian philosophy of life, of man, the world and history;
- To stress the necessary community outlook by inculcating concern for the common good, love of freedom and the democratic principles of equality, and respect for human rights; and
- To develop in the graduates the desire for professional growth, dynamic leadership and relevant research.
The School of Teacher Education and Humanities (STEH) is the merging of three independent schools namely: School of Arts and Sciences, School of Education and the School of Public Administration and Governance. These three schools were merged into one school, effective School Year 2016-2017. STEH has eight departments, the Christian Faith Education Department, Criminal Justice Education Department, Languages Department, Mathematics Department, Physical Education Department, Psychology, Human Services and Social Work Department and Social Sciences and Philosophy Department.
This school promotes freedom of expression, creativity and critical thinking of students to easily cope with the challenges of the new generation, and impact society in a meaningful way. Its pool of faculty dedicates themselves to develop unique persons as mature Christians and cultured professionals capable of transforming the community, and country to become a better place to live in through liberal education.
STEH is a world-class steward in the service of development of humanistic, spiritual, eloquent, mature and excellent educators, and public servants conscious of their cultural values and responsibilities as members of the academic community and/or of the nation in particular and the worldwide village in general.
The school fosters the spirit of nationalism that is enhanced by a common identity evolving from the spirit of bayanihan, and eventually working towards regional and international cooperation for peace and justice in the community of nations.
STEH equips the students with the proper skills and values to achieve self-reliance and economic security and to become effective instruments of national prosperity. Not only that, it aims to produce socially responsible and committed citizens who are aware of their roles in achieving sustainable economic growth and promotion of the Filipino peoples’ quality of life.
Moreover, it provides the students with education that will assist them in the utmost development of their potentials as human beings nourished by the best in human and Christian traditions.
- BACHELOR OF SECONDARY EDUCATION (Level III)
Majors: Science, Mathematics, English, Filipino, Social Studies, Religious & Values Education
- BACHELOR OF ELEMENTARY EDUCATION (Level III)
Major: General Elementary Education
- BACHELOR OF ARTS (Level III)
Majors: English Language Studies, Communication, Journalism, History, Philosophy, Political Science
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (Level III)
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MATHEMATICS (Level III)
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PSYCHOLOGY
- BACHELOR IN FORENSIC SCIENCE
- BACHELOR IN HUMAN SERVICES (Formerly: Guidance & Counseling)
- BACHELOR OF SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
with Certificate in Religious Education (CREED)
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SOCIAL WORK
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CRIMINOLOGY
Contact person and details:
Dr. Henry F. Gamboa, AB, MA, PhD
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Telephone no.: (078) 321-2221 loc. 139
Mobile no.: 0936-286-6515
LIST OF FACULTY
Lorvin M. Adducul, BSC, BSE, Prof. Tchr., MAEd, Reg. GC, PhD
Edwin B. Aduca, BSE, Prof. Tchr., MA
Roan B. Antonio, BS/AB, RGC, MAEd
Moises Alexander T. Asuncion, BSE, Prof. Tchr., MOS, GDE, PhD
Zayda S. Asuncion, BSE, Prof. Tchr., MAEd
Florence N. Bahni , BS, Prof. Tchr., MAEd, RPm
Gerome H. Bautista, BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MST
Kerwin N. Bayot, AB, MA
Jonathan R. Budaden, BS Crim, Reg. Crim., MS, Llb, Bar, D.Crim
Mary Grace M. Bulatao, BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MPES, PhD
Benito D. Buyacco Jr., AB, MA
Federicia C. Calauagan, BEEd, Prof. Tchr., MAEd
Juni P. Caligue, BS Crim., Reg. Crim.
Pearl Via S. Coballes, BS MAEd, Reg. GC, RPm
Alona C. Costales , AB, MAEd, Reg. GC
Darwin Don M. Dacles, BSE, Prof. Tchr., MAT, PhD
Judith P. Daguio, BSE, Prof. Tchr., MAEd
Samuel B. Damayon, AB, LlB, MA
Fe Yolanda G. Del Rosario, AB, MA, PhD
Leslie Doris M. Divina, Midwifery, RM, BS/AB, RPm, MAEd
Reiner B. Dulawan, BS/AB, RPm, MAEd
Ernest L. Esmeralda, BSEd, Prof. Tchr. MAT
Michael Gabriel, BSEd, Prof. Tchr.
Susan A. Galamay, BSEd, Prof. Tchr. MAEd, PhD
Glyzareeyna C. Galutan, BS, Reg. SW
Arnel L. Gamata, BS
Henry F. Gamboa, AB, MA, PhD
Rodelio C. Gauuan, BSEd, Reg. Lib., Prof. Tchr., MAT, PhD
Clara M. Gonzales, BS, Prof. Tchr., MA, PhD
Analyn A. Guevara, BS, Prof. Tchr., MAT, PhD
Domingo T. Guntalilib, Jr., BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MST
Melanie G. Gurat, BS, MAT, PhD
Lysel I. Haloc, BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MA
Luz L. Ildefonso, BSC, MA
Kristine Ann L. Israel, BS/AB, RPm, RGC, MAEd
Haydee D. James, BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MAT
Laurice Kaye P. Laguinday, BSEd, Prof. Tchr.
Mabel D. Mamaoag, BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MA
Edwin Edilberto N. Mania, AB, MS, Reg. GC, EdD
Jeanette D. Manuel, BS Crim., Reg. Crim., MS
Sherwin A. Marciano, BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MAEd
Christopher Allen S. Marquez, AB, MAEd, PhD
Kenneth L. Maslang, AB, MAEd
Mark Joel C. Mendoza, BS, Reg. SW
Rowena G. Mendoza, AB, Prof. Tchr., MAT
Benyamin Messakaraeng, AB
Maria Ines R. Minia, AB
Felipe V. Nantes Jr., AB, MA, PhD
Erwin D. Naval, AB, Prof. Tchr., IMPA, DPA
Ronda L. Navalta, BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MAEd
Rosalie L. Navoa, BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MAEd
Jemily Blanca N. Nicolas, BS/AB
Ruby Lyn R. Nuestro, AB, MAEd, Reg. GC
Bryan Benedict D. Olarte, AB, MAEd
May Juliet S. Palina , BS, MS, Reg. GC
Zemaia Sen M. Paulino, AB
Marilyn P. Perolina, BSE, Prof. Tchr., MAT, EdD
Sunright Pugong, AB
Fredison L. Pulido, AB, Llb, Bar
Arlene R. Querol, BSEd, Prof. Tchr.
Marites B. Querol, BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MAT, MA
Rowena A. Rivera, BS, Prof. Tchr., MAT
Liberty A. Rosario, AB, BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MA, PhD
Leilanie Cristie O. Sagabaen, BSEd, Prof. Tchr., MAT
John G. Tayaban, BS, MS, RPm, Reg. Psychologist, PhD
Ma. Teresa B. Tayaban, AB, MAEd, PhD
Donna Bee R. Tominez, BS/BSE, Prof. Tchr., MS
Mary Katherine B. Valdez , BS Crim., Reg. Crim., LlB, Bar
Jonathan P. Vergara, BSA, MAEd
- PAASCU LEVEL III Accredited Courses
- Center of Excellence in Teacher Education
- Producer of Regional and National Topnotchers in the following Licensure Examinations:
Licensure Examination for Teachers
Licensure Examination for Psychometricians
- High National Passing Rates in the following licensure examinations:
Licensure Examination for Criminologists
Licensure Examination for Teachers
Licensure Examination for Psychometricians
- SEAMEO SEA Teacher Project Implementer
The SEA Teacher Project or the “Pre-Service Student Teacher Exchange in Southeast Asia” is a project that aims to provide opportunity for pre-service student teachers from universities in Southeast Asia to have teaching experiences (practicum) in schools in other countries in Southeast Asia.
Based on the SEAMEO seven priority areas for the eleven SEAMEO Member countries, one of its priority areas is building and strengthening capacity of teachers in the region and “Revitalizing Teacher Education”.
The exchange is preferably for 4th year students whose majors are in Mathematics, Science, English, Physical Education, Pre-school and Elementary Education. The duration is for one month and based on the mechanism of cost sharing basis. Students’ roles and responsibilities are assigned weekly during the one month period (observe, assist in teaching, teach and reflect). Moreover, the host universities in Thailand and Indonesia will provide mentors to supervise and monitor the students throughout the practicum period.
The partnership of Saint Mary’s University with SEAMEO (Southeast Asian Ministers of Education) started in 2017. Each participating university is responsible for mentoring the student teachers in the schools of their respective countries.
To date, SMU has sent five (5) batches of Marian pre-service teachers and received five (5) batches as well.
6. School with most number of faculty researchers.
7. School with faculty members with published manuscripts in the following international refereed journals:
American Journal of Education
American Journal of Education Research
ERIES Journal (Journal of Efficiency and Responsibility in Education and Science)
International Academic Forum (IAFOR) Journal of Education
International Journal of Advanced Research and Publications (IJARP)
International Journal of BioSciences, Psychiatry and Technology
International Journal of Research and Review
International Journal of Research Studies in Education (IJRSE)
International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies
International Research Journal of Management, IT & Social Sciences
Journal for Research, Education and Management
Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies in Education
Journal of Sociology and Anthropology
Journal of Studies in Social Sciences
Philippine Journal of Linguistics
Southeast Asia Review of Economics and Business Proceedings
Studies in English Language Teaching
World Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities
8. The School’s Nanumo a Pagadalan extension activity is anchored to STEH’s mission-vision of producing socially responsible and committed citizens who are aware of their roles in achieving sustainable economic growth and promotion of the Filipino peoples’ quality of life.